Friday, September 11, 2009

Who is your rock star crush?

All those teenage years I never had a crush on any kind of celebrity. Maybe it was because I was way too preoccupied having a crush on C, whose sheer existence made it impossible for me to breathe when I was 16. It took me more than a decade to catch up with my friends and have a crush on someone famous. Apart from the considerably short fling I had with Wentworth Miller aka David Scofield, Alex Turner is my first rock star crush.


 The vocalist and lead guitarist as well as main songwriter for Arctic Monkeys and The Last Shadow Puppets, Alex Turner has been on the stage, on the screen and in the magazines since 2002. I’ve been repeatedly listening to “I Bet You Look Good on the Dance floor” and “My Mistakes were made for you” while googling him. Seeing him in flesh and blood –from a distance of course- didn’t help my situation either. Having the coolest stage outfit – a grey t-shirt combined with a black biker jacket-, adorable hair, the most charming accent and modest manners, this Monkey is definitely something to die for.





Ex East-Londoner Alex has followed his longtime girlfriend Alexa Chung to NYC and killed my hopes and dreams of running into him on a rainy Sunday afternoon in Brick Lane. Well, at least my rock star crush is happily coupled with my style crush.




No comments:

Post a Comment