Monday, September 28, 2009

Legendary Mr. Pamuk

I’m not talking about the one with the Nobel Prize, not that he’s not legendary as well. The one I’m talking about is an Al Pacino look-alike photograph guru who owns a shop in Sirkeci. If you’re interested in photography or just in meeting interesting people, you should definitely pay a visit to Pamuk Ticaret.

It was late March when I met first him, right after I came back from Stockholm with a Holga 120 CFN. Sahabettin Pamuk not only provided me with an excellent variety of medium format films – you name it, he has it- but also taught me some new and exciting techniques to try with my new camera. It didn’t take me long to figure out the real reason why I was always saying “No, thank you. I’ll just stop by to take them” whenever Mr. Pamuk offered to have my pictures delivered once they’re developed. It’s the conversation I have with him and his lovely wife over the cup of tea they always offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment