Monday, October 5, 2009

Conveniently lovable

“You’re not taking it seriously” said C in disbelief on Saturday evening as he watched me get dressed and fix my makeup. It’s neither our relationship nor my career he was talking about. It’s the cold. A short sleeved cardigan over my jumper, leggings, and knee high boots? Trying not to think of the newspaper headlines about the extreme cold waves approaching we saw earlier, I took my trench coat and was ready to head off to the Kings of Convenience concert at Nalen.

Consisting of multiple stages and a bar, Nalen offers good music and a cozy atmosphere to its guests. As we were waiting in the queue to get into the main hall, I looked around and couldn’t help thinking of Paradiso. Two different cities, two different places, a nice and easygoing crowd of the same kind. Music is universal indeed.




Somewhere between the coat check hassle and ice cold Heinekens, it was time for the conveniently lovable Erlend Øye and Eirik Glambæk Bøe. Even though both C and I were not familiar with their latest album –which was still yet to be released by then- we got carried away with the refreshing tunes of “Boat Behind”. Then it was a blend of flashing lights in different colors in a Sureyya Opera House like interior , the sound of the double bass, Erlend dancing on stage and the amazing cover of Lesley Gore’s “It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to”. The boys were very talkative, incredibly charming and funny on the stage. So, they’re definitely invited to my imaginary dinner party along with Beirut and Vampire Weekend. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment