Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Just a perfect day"

Who doesn’t love a fall like this – or höst as they say in Swedish- I thought to myself while I was walking to Skeppsholmen to see the “Dali Dali Featuring Francesco Vezzoli” exhibition at Moderna Museet. It was so beautiful outside that I couldn’t enter the museum right away. So, I took a walk; sat on one of the benches and read for a while; watched people walk their dogs, sit by themselves.



 


As of day one, Moderna Museet has always been one my favorite spots in town. Elegant yet humble; witty and refreshing, it is more than just another museum of modern art. Once I entered the museum, I welcomed by the smell of freshly brewed coffee from the espresso bar on the corner and the huge poster of the current exhibition.






“Dali Dali Featuring Francesco Vezzoli “brings together works of both artists who focused on the impact of (mass) media on society and culture in general. Though the way they experienced –hence the way they express- the power of advertising and consumerism differs in various ways, the exhibition highlights the common components of their work and plays with the concept of time. For those who might be interested in seeing such a blend, the exhibition can be visited until January, 17.




"Wallace: […] Tell me this, what do you think will happen to you when you die?
Dali: I myself do not belive in my death.
Wallace: You will not die?

Dali: No, no believe in general in death but in the death of Dali absolutely not.
Believe in my death becoming very – almost impossible."

The Mike Wallace Interniew, TV interview, 19 April 1958
ww.modernamuseet.se





No comments:

Post a Comment