Monday, October 5, 2009

"I shop therefore I am"

Staying in all Sunday, watching football and sleeping almost 11 hours -yes, I know, I couldn’t believe it either- I woke up feeling bright and shiny. After having coffee with C and sending him off to work, I found myself cleaning the apartment. It only occurred to me to stop -yes, I am a hygiene freak- when I realized it was almost noon and soon C was going to be pick me up for lunch.

After several unsuccessful attempts to find a parking place, which is always a challenge in Stockholm, we found a semi-legal one and went to a cozy Italian restaurant in Gamla Stan. Since I wasn’t the one who had to drive back to work, I had the luxury of having a glass of red wine with my insalata caprese. As I was already in the neighborhood, I decided to have coffee with an old friend, HGE. It was March when I first met him. He sort of saved my life – I was staying put out in the cold amazed by the window display of his gallery- from freezing to death by opening the door and inviting me in. Having coffee and chocolates from Chokladfabriken, we talked about his upcoming exhibitions and visits to Istanbul.





The euphoria of not being in the office on a Monday combined with the joy provided by red wine, coffee and chocolate put me in the perfect mood for shopping. So, I decided to have a look at some of my favorite shops. I started with Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair and Tjalamalla which happen to be conveniently located next to each other. Paying a visit to Grandpa and managing to control the urge to buy yet another dress, I called it a day and head off to the Nespresso boutique on Biblioteksgatan to get some capsules. However, passing by Urban Outfitters, I couldn’t help going in to have a look. From Permanent Vacation to Luella and Silence + Noise, Urban Outfitters Stockholm definitely brought together a fine selection of fall collections.
 
  
  

Later on as I was having a drink at East, I thought about Barbara Kruger's well-known work and wished that S was there with me. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment