Thursday, October 1, 2009

Favorite week of October

The memories are still fresh. Chelsea on the Rocks, Opening Party at Ghetto, a furious S in her fancy blazer by Banu Bora, too many vodka tonics followed by a massive food poisoning –thanks to the pear & blue cheese salad I had at Urban. But when it comes to film festivals, I’ll take Filmekimi every time.


Filmekimi has always been a great opportunity to see festival favorites, latest masterpieces and international award winners. Even though I am a little disappointed by this year’s selection -blame it on London and Venice Film Festivals for raising the bar- I already have my shortlist of six films. It’s just that I was looking forward to see Tom Ford’s “A Single Man”, Jim Jarmush’s “Limits of Control” and Bahman Ghobadi’s “No One Knows about Persian Cats”.


For those cinephiles who do not want to miss the latest films of Allen, Haneke and Loach, Filmekimi tickets will be available as of October 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment