Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Talented Ms. Bengtsson

It was sheer coincidence that we met. I was having coffee by myself in Moderna Museet’s restaurant when she was looking for a place to sit. Trying to carry a tray and several books in her arms, she seemed as if she could use some help. So, I decided to give her a hand; pull the empty chair opposite to mine and invited her to join me. Glad that I did; otherwise I wouldn’t be able to meet this talented pattern designer.

“Design for me is about communicating a certain feeling to other people” says Lisa, “The day I realized I could communicate that feeling through my own creative ability I decided I wanted to become a designer.” Lisa Bengtsson’s work does indeed communicate an array of feelings. Showing up on everything from wallpaper to plates and scarves, her designs decorate the lives of daydreamers and time travelers.



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment